The privacy and security of your information is very important to us. We want you to trust that the information that you have provided to us is being properly managed and protected. Your rights in relation to your Personal Information and on how to contact us and the supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are
This Privacy Statement is issued by the resort and applies to all Personal Information collected by its affiliates and related entities. We are the data controller of the Personal Information we collect from you.
What is Personal Information
The term "Personal Information" refers to any information that can be used to identify you as an
individual. It can include, amongst other things, your name, address, age, gender and your financial information.
What Personal Information is collected
In order to provide you with the services and fulfil your booking needs, depending on what services you require from us and/or how you use our website, we may collect the following information from you including:
- your name and contact details (including postal address, email, phone number)
- payment card details, when facilitating payment by card
- information about your travel, for instance when you choose to book airport transfer or require us to organize tours on your behalf
- more sensitive information about you, your health, religion or culture for instance when you require wheel chair access, special assistance or special dietary needs.
During your stay we will also record your itemized spending to be billed to your room and any communication which you have sent to us.
How we collect your Personal Information
We collect your Personal Information when you make a reservation at our resort, either via our website or through our reservation team.
Where a reservation is made on behalf of a child who is under the age of 16 years, we shall not process the latter’s Personal Information, unless express consent is given by the parent or guardian of that child. Where the reservation is made by the child’s parent or guardian, we will request for relevant documentation to demonstrate a parent-child relationship. Where the reservation is not made by the child’s parent or guardian, we will request for written documentation to be issued from the child’s parent or guardian to signify their consent to us processing the child’s Personal Information.
How we use your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information only for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, except if otherwise disclosed to you at the time of collecting your information or where otherwise authorized by law or by you.
We use the Personal Information that we collect to process your reservation, to provide you with a personalized service and meet all features of the service(s) you request at our resort, to ensure we fully meet your needs while you are staying with us and/or to allow us to contact you in relation to matters that arise from your stay with us.
We may also use the Personal Information that we collect to understand and analyze the trends and preferences of our guests, to improve our service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality. When this occurs, all identifiers are removed, and the aggregate information cannot be linked to any specific guests.
Who do we share your Personal Information with
We routinely share your Personal Information with the following persons:
- our employees for purposes of delivering the service or conducting internal analysis with a view to improving our services;
- our tour operators solely on your requests;
- our agents, contractors or third-party service providers who may receive your Personal Information in the course of providing the services to us and which we require in order to better serve your needs as a guest of our resort.
We take great measures to ensure that all of your Personal Information is kept safely. We take steps to ensure that only designated persons have access to your Personal Information on a strictly need-to-know basis for purposes of rendering the services. Furthermore, all third persons with whom we share your Personal Information are under a contractual obligation with us to protect all Personal Information to which they have access.
We will also share your Personal Information without first obtaining your express consent as follows:
- with law enforcement and other statutory authorities if required by law;
- If required or authorized by law;
- If you have failed to pay your accounts or where we are required to initiate legal proceedings to recover damages suffered as a result of your actions or omissions;
- If we suspect any unlawful activities on your part.
- If your stay has been paid for by a third party, we will provide billing information to that third party.
Except as provided for above, we will not share your Personal Information with any third parties unless with your express consent.
Whether providing Personal Information is mandatory
The Personal Information that we require from you is to enable us to offer our services to you and to respond to your specific requests or needs. You are under no obligation to provide these information to us but if you don’t, we will be limited in the scope of the services which we can deliver to you.
How long do we store your Personal Information
Your Personal Information will be stored for as long required to fulfil our business purpose and for the period of time required by law in the jurisdiction of any hotel holding your Personal Information.
Legal basis for collecting your Personal Information
We are committed to collecting and using your information in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We will only collect, use and share your Personal Information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do this.
This may be because:
- you have provided your consent to us using the Personal Information for specified purposes;
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to provide you with the service under our contract with you, for example, making and managing your booking and performing the services during your stay with us;
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to fulfill our statutory obligations with our regulators, tax officials, law enforcement bodies, or otherwise meet our legal responsibilities;
- our use of your information is in our legitimate interest as a commercial organisation, for example to operate and improve our services and to keep people informed about our products and services (including for profiling and targeted advertising) .
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will be uploaded on our website. Please note that changes of use will not apply retroactively to Personal Information for which you have given your explicit consent and which was acquired prior to the change in the Privacy Notice, except as may be required by law.
Resort Drone Policy
The Koti Village Resort may use drone for commercial purposes on occasions. In these instances, much care will be taken to minimize the impact on guests and to protect their privacy.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you by writing to us at the following address:
The Koti Village Resort
Village Koti, Sub-Tehsil Junga,
Distt. Shimla - 171012, Himachal Pradesh
Tel: +91 9816659988, +91 917018583957